What are Dental Implants
Dental implants are long-term replacements for missing teeth that are surgically placed in the jawbone. Did you know that dental implants can never get cavities! And studies have shown that implants have a 95% success rate after 10 years!! With the exception of children, dental implants can be a healthy solution for people of all ages who would like to replace a missing tooth or many teeth. Implants are designed to look and feel like natural teeth and can be placed in our office, which will save you time and money. If you’ve been thinking about dental implants, make sure to schedule a consultation appointment with Dr. Tom to discuss you options.
Why would I need a Dental Implant
- If you need a tooth or many teeth extracted and would like to replace them
- If you are waiting for a dental implant to heal, it usually takes 3 months
- To fill in any depressions in the jaw where a tooth was once removed
- If you would like a fixed solution to missing teeth
- If you are a current denture wearer and have ill-fitting dentures
- Current dentures can be used with 2-4 dental implants for maximum stability
How do I know if I need a Dental Implant?
Ask Dr. Tom! He and his excellent staff can let you know if dental implants will work for you! Dental implants can be a great way to replace missing teeth! Conventional dentures are removable (they must be taken out an night and soaked in water; however, there are many different denture designs, some which rely on bonding or clasping onto teeth or dental implants. Fixed crowns can be cemented or screwed onto implants so you never have to take your teeth out, just like your actual teeth!
What to Expect from a Implant procedure
- A typical Implant procedure at Sardina Dental takes 2-4 visits! The 1st visit being a consultation to discuss all your options.
- At the 2nd visit, either the implant will be placed surgically or a bone graft will be placed, only if needed.
- The 3rd visit is 3-4 months post implant placement and is a check-up visit, if everything is healed, we take an impression, and your ready to place the teeth on the implant
- Visit 4 we cement or screw (fix) the teeth to implant and your ready to eat and smile with you new great, teeth!